1. Go to https://www.facebook.com/ on your desktop browser.
2. On your Facebook homepage, navigate to the top right-hand corner and click the small triangular-shaped icon to continue.
3. Choose Settings from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, visit this URL while signed into Facebook.
4. On the Settings screen, choose Face Recognition from the tabs on the left.
5. Click Edit under Face Recognition
6. From the dropdown, choose ‘No’ to turn off Facebook facial recognition.
How to turn off Facebook Facial Recognition – AppsTo turn off Facebook facial recognition on Facebook apps, do the following.
1. On your iPhone or Android phone, open the Facebook app.
2. Click the hamburger (three lines) tab.
3. Click Settings from the drop-down menu.
4. Choose Account Settings from the new page that displays.
5. Click ‘Face Recognition’ to contiue .
6. Select the ‘Do you want Facebook to be able to able to recognize you in photos and videos?’, and on the following screen, select the No option.
Doing this will turn off Facebook facial recognition and Facebook will no longer scan your photos and videos.
Final Thoughts on Facebook Facial Recognition
Any data that Facebook has already collected is still there in its database. Turning this feature off will not purge the facial data that Facebook already has on you. It will probably stop suggesting to your friends that they should tag you.
Basically, unless your face undergoes a drastic change in its features, Facebook is just going to pretend its AI doesn’t know what you look like. If by some miracle you have never uploaded a photo of yourself to Facebook, you’re somewhat safe.
It’s not clear if Facebook will scan photos of you that you’re tagged in. It’s kind of confusing because in that case, the face recognition settings that apply will be that of whoever has uploaded the photo, not of the person that’s been tagged in it.
It kind makes this Off option seem pointless unless your friends turn face recognition off as well.
How Can I Turn Off Facebook Facial Recognition?