In this article, we shall be sharing with you 7 simple but straight to the point steps you can follow to change your surname on Facebook at the comfort of your smartphone or personal computer. People changed their surname on Facebook or ease where due to one reason or the other.
Your surname, also known as the last name, can change when you get married, get divorced or legally change your name. If your surname changes, you can easily update it on your Facebook profile. It will interest you to know that Facebook also gives you the option to list an alternative name so friends and co-workers can locate your profile by searching for either your current or former surname.
I don’t really know why you wish to change your surname on Facebook but if you still wish to, do the following;
– Log in to your Facebook account.
– Click Account in the top-right corner.
– Choose Account Settings.
– Click Change next to Name.
– Update your surname in the Last Name box.
– Type your former full name in the Alternate Name box if you want to appear in search results under either surname.
– Click Save Changes.
Please bear in mind that it may take up to 24 hours for your new surname to appear on Facebook.