From the prevalence of catfishing to the abundance of other dating apps, it can feel like online dating is a minefield. But that’s not to say it isn’t worth trying if you’re looking for love. In fact, online dating is one of the best ways to meet new people – especially if you live in a small town or are shy.
There are many great online dating sites out there, but none are quite as beneficial as Facebook Dating. If you’re thinking about signing up for this app and don’t know what it has to offer, read on for more information about Facebook Dating and how to use it. We’ll also help you decide whether or not it’s right for you.
What is Facebook Dating?
Facebook Dating is a brand new feature on the Facebook app that lets you find local people to date. The app is designed to get people talking and to encourage face-to-face dates. You can only start conversations with people who has liked your profile.
You can use the feature whether or not you’re single and looking to date. Facebook dating is free to use and you must be 18years and above before you can access the feature. All you need to do is to create a facebook dating profile account and start dating.
How Does Facebook Dating Work?
If you’re a Facebook user and are interested in dating, it makes sense to use Facebook Dating. You can set up a dating profile with your basic information and add a photo. Facebook dating is located within the official facebook account.
However, your facebook friends can’t figure out if you are on facebook dating or not. This is so because despite the fact that facebook dating is built within the facebook platform, the feature is completely separated from your personal account.
Interestingly, how facebook dating works is pretty simple and easy. All that you need to do to get started is to use your facebook app and head over to the menu section of the app. Next, locate and tap dating and then follow the onscreen instructions to sin up for an account.
During the account sign up process, you will be required to select your interest so that matching can be done for you automatically. Also ensure to turn on your location.
Who Can Use Facebook Dating?
The great thing about Facebook Dating is that it doesn’t matter what age you are or what you do for a living. Anyone with a Facebook account can sign up for it. And while it’s probably more geared toward young people, anybody can use it. However, you must be up to the age of 18years and above before you can be able to use facebook dating.
However, since you can only message people who are friends with one of your existing friends, you’ll need to have a good network of friends before you can start dating. If you have a lot of friends but they’re all in your age group, it’s unlikely that you’ll have many people who are single and looking to date.
If this is the case, you can try to make some new friends online or in real life. If you’re looking for love online and you’re a senior, joining Seniors Dating Sites can help you meet other singles in your area.
You’ll be able to create a dating profile and browse through other members’ profiles to find people you’d like to go out with. You can also use dating apps like Tinder to find potential matches.
Who Can’t Use Facebook Dating?
While anyone can use Facebook Dating, there are some people who shouldn’t use it. If you’re somebody who craves complete anonymity and doesn’t want to reveal any information about yourself, this app isn’t for you.
If you’re someone who’s in a committed or otherwise serious relationship and is only looking to date casually, this app isn’t for you. If you’re someone who is looking for an online affair or a way to cheat on your partner, this app isn’t for you.
Pros of Facebook Dating
- There are a lot of people on it – With more than 2 billion people using Facebook, there are bound to be a ton of people on this dating app. This means you have a high chance of finding someone you’re interested in.
- You can use it whether or not you’re single – If you’re single and searching for a dating partner, you can use Facebook Dating to find that person. If you’re in a relationship and just want to casually date other people, you can use Facebook Dating to do that as well.
- You don’t have to share anything you aren’t comfortable with – Unlike other dating sites, you don’t have to share your entire life story or disclose details about your past relationships. You can keep things casual and just talk about the present. You can decide exactly how much information you want to share with others.
- You can meet local people – Unlike other dating apps, you can only message people who are local to you. This means you have a high chance of meeting someone and going on a date.
- You can keep your dating life separate from your social media accounts – Unlike other apps, you can keep your dating life separate from your social media accounts. Your friends and family won’t see any dating-related posts or know you’re dating unless you tell them.
Cons of Facebook Dating
- It might not be secure – Facebook is a trustworthy company and has a history of taking your privacy seriously, but it’s possible a glitch or hacking could occur, especially with a new app like this one.
- It can be distracting – If you’re in a relationship, it can be easy to get distracted by Facebook Dating and spend all your time on it. You should set strict limits and only spend a certain amount of time on the app and not let it interfere with your life.
What’s So Special About Facebook Dating?
What’s so special about Facebook Dating is that it can help you meet people you don’t know and encourage face-to-face dates. Although you can use other dating apps to find people you don’t know, it’s less likely you’ll actually go on a date with them. At the end of the day, dating apps are all about quantity, not quality.
They’re designed to get you as many matches as possible and encourage you to interact with them. But, there are no guarantees that you’ll actually go on a date with anyone, let alone find love.
This is where Facebook Dating can help. Because you’re talking to people who are friends with one of your friends, there’s an added level of trust. This means you have a higher chance of actually going on a date with them.
How to Set Up Your Profile for Facebook Dating
First and foremost, you need to make sure you have the best dating profile possible. This means you need to make sure you’re honest about who you are and what you want. Here are a few tips for setting up your dating profile:
- Try not to go overboard with the positives – While it’s important to be positive in your dating profile, you also don’t want to come across as fake or insincere. You don’t need to list off all of your best qualities and achievements; just focus on the ones most relevant to dating.
- Don’t list your deal breakers right off the bat – While dating sites let you list what you’re looking for in a partner, you don’t want to list the deal breakers up front. This means you shouldn’t put things like “must be Christian” or “must like dogs.”
- Keep it brief – You want to give people an idea of who you are and what you’re looking for but not bore them to death. This means you should keep your dating profile to around 300 words or less.
- Check for typos – It sounds silly, but it’s easy to miss typos in your dating profile. Make sure you read over your profile multiple times to make sure it’s free of errors.
Here are the steps you need to follow to create a facebook dating account:
- Facebook login your facebook app
- Next, Locate and tap on the menu button at the top right corner of the facebook app. If you are using iOS devices, you will need to locate and tap on the facebook menu button at the bottom of the app
- Now, tap dating from the dropdown menu
- Tap get started on the facebook dating homepage
- Fill out the registration form accordingly.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to finish setting up your facebook dating profile.
Those are the steps you will need to follow to easily create a facebook dating profile. It is that simple and easy.
Finding Your Match on Facebook Dating
Once you’ve set up your facebook dating, you will need need to turn on your location as well as selecting your interest. Yes, that will help facebook carry out the automatic matching for you. In facebook dating, you are not expected to be searching for singles as that will stress you out.
Facebook does the matching for its users and once you see someone that you like, you can easily like their profile and if they develop interest in you, they will like you back. Once they like you back, you can start conversation with them. Those are ways you can easily contact someone on facebook dating.