Did you forget your password and can no longer log in? Or was your account hacked? You are not
alone! Hundreds of people turn to us with similar questions every day. Fortunately, Facebook offers
numerous automated ways to recover your account. Whether you forgot your password or can no
longer log in because a hacker changed it, you have many options. We’ll show you how to retrieve
your Facebook account, step-by-step.
How to Recover Your Account Using Default Email Options
When you signup a Facebook account, Facebook asked you to input an email and password. This
email you used while signing up the Facebook account is your default email. If you can’t access
Facebook, you can attempt to recover the account by using the default email. To recover your old
Facebook account, do the following; See:
If possible, utilize a network or computer from which you’ve logged into your Facebook account earlier.
1. Type https://www.facebook.com/recover.php in your browser and click enter. This above link will
take you to the Facebook recover page. On that page, use an email address or phone number you
earlier added to your Facebook account. Bear in mind that even if it doesn’t say so, you can also utilize
your Facebook username.
2. Once you successfully managed to identify your account, you will see a summary of your profile.
Before you continue, carefully examine whether this really is your account and whether you still have
access to the email address(es) or mobile phone number(s) listed.
3. You’ll need to click continue if all seems well with the contact details that Facebook has on file for
you. Once you do that, Facebook will send you a security code.
4. Enter the code in the space provided and click continue to proceed to your account.
Once you regain access to your account, you’ll need to change your password immediately. See .
How to Recover Facebook Account You Can’t log in
Here is another means you can quickly and easily attempt to recover your old Facebook account which
you can’t access. In this method, you’ll need to first log into your new Facebook account, enter the
name of your old account in the search bar and click on the search button. This will display all profile
names that are related to the account on Facebook.
Now, you’ll need to scroll down the list and click on the profile you’re looking. Once taken to that profile, do the following;
1. Click the three-dotted icon at the top right of the account profile
2. Next, you’ll need to select Give feedback or report this profile.
3. From the list of options that display, select Something Else, then click Send.
4. Finally, you’ll need to select Recover this account and follow the steps.
If you think your account is hackedFacebook help page. On that page, you’ll be required to change your password. Bear in mind that your account may be hacked if you observed the following signs;
Was your Facebook account hacked and is sending out spam? To resolve the Facebook account the hacked issue, you’ll need to visit the
1. Your email or password have changed
2. Your name or birthday have changed
3. Friend requests have been sent to people you don’t know
4. Messages have been sent that you didn’t write
5. Posts have been made that you didn’t create
Note: If the email linked to your Facebook account has changed, you can reverse this. When an email
is changed, we send a message to the previous email account with a special link. You can click this
link to reverse the email change and secure your account.
Still Locked Out Of Facebook?
If after trying all of the above recovery methods, and nothing seems to work out right or you’re still
locked out, you can contact Facebook directly. To do that, you’ll need to write to Facebook about it by
Bear in mind that if you didn’t use your real name on Facebook, your hopes for retrieving your account
via this method are close to zero.