Let’s get started with how to unfollow someone on Facebook
. Recently, Kelly on Facebook asked me, how do I unfriend a friend on Facebook. According to her, there is this guy who kept on stacking her on the giant social website. Well, if you’re looking for a guideline on how you can unfriend someone on Facebook, this article got you covered.
If you’re tired of seeing what some of your Facebook friend’s post, you can choose to block or “unfollow” them. The reason is that Facebook has a feature that enables its users to block or “unfollow” Facebook friends whose messages you don’t want to read. Interestingly, you will still remain their Facebook friend and you can exchange messages, but you won’t see their posts in your timeline.
Read: How To Check Blocked List On Facebook
Even if you block Facebook friends you’ll still be able to leave them messages and they can still leave you messages. If you block or Unfollow someone, your posts are still visible to them unless they also block or Unfollow you.
How to Unfollow Facebook Friends From Their Posts
As an example, let’s use your friend Kelly. You are tired of seeing the political messages and memes she reposts. You decide to block her for awhile, at least until after the election season.
1. Log in to your Facebook profile.
2. From your Facebook homepage scroll down until you find a message from the person whose messages you want to block.
3. On the far right side of their post header you will see a little down arrow. Click on that to see your options. You have a few different ones.
Read: How Can You Find Your Facebook Url?
– Hide post: If you select this option, Facebook will show you fewer similar posts to the one you are hiding. You will still see other posts from this person. Facebook’s magic robots will determine what you didn’t like about the post, so you may or may not get the effect you desired. It may work and you won’t see many political posts from Kelly, but you might also not see political posts from other people.
– Unfollow Kelly: With this choice, you are blocking all posts by Annette from your timeline but you will still remain Facebook friends.
– Hide all from XYZ: If Annette has reposted something from a Facebook page (in this case, XYZ page) and you’d rather not see any other posts from XYZ no matter who is reposting them, select this option. This can be a good tactic when you’d still like to see the non-political posts that Kelly makes, but don’t want to see the things she reposts from various political Facebook pages.
Unfollow a Friend From Their Profile
Another quick way to unfollow someone is to type their name in the Facebook search bar or from any list of your Facebook friends and go to their profile page. You will see a box that says “Following” with a checkmark. Hover over the box and you will see that you can choose to see their posts first, use the default setting, or unfollow them.
Unfollow From Newsfeed Preferences in Settings Menu
Use the Newsfeed Preferences choice in the Settings menu. In the desktop version, you can access it at the top, far right of your Facebook newsfeed. On the mobile version, Settings is available from the bottom band, far right menu. Choose Newsfeed Preferences.
One of the choices is “Unfollow people to hide their posts”. A full list of people and pages you are currently following is displayed. You can filter it for people, pages, or groups. Click on any of them to unfollow them.
How to Reconnect With Unfollowed Facebook Friends If you want to reconnect with someone you’ve unfriended on Facebook, do the following;
Read: How Can I Know Who Follows Me On Facebook?
– Log into your Facebook profile via https://www.facebook.com/
– Choose the Settings menu (far right of the top of your page for the Desktop site or the bottom band right menu for the mobile app) and select “Newsfeed Preferences”.
– You can choose “Reconnect with people you unfollowed”.
– A list of blocked Facebook friends and pages will pop up.
– Find the name of the Facebook friend you want to unblock. It will show you when you unfollowed them.
– Click on the person or page and you will see the date you unfollowed them change to “Following”.
– You have successfully unblocked your Facebook friend. Their messages will now show up on your Facebook newsfeed again.
Please share “How to Unfollow Someone on Facebook” with your friends on Facebook…Thanks!!!